Sunday, October 30, 2011

Skinny White Bean Tuna Melt

Skinny White Bean Tuna Melt
adapted from bhg.com
makes 4 sandwiches

1 Can Tuna (Packed In Water), Drained
1 (15 Oz.) Can White Kidney Beans, Drained and Rinsed
1 Shallot, Minced
1 Clove of Garlic, Minced
1 Celery Stalk, Chopped
1/4 Cup Mayo
Salt and Pepper, To Taste
Olive Oil
8 Slices of Sandwich Bread
Spinach

In a medium bowl, stir together tuna, beans, shallot, garlic and celery.  Stir in the mayo and salt and pepper.  Set aside.  Drizzle a little bit of olive oil in a pan and heat to medium-low.  To assemble, spread tuna mixture onto one slice of bread, top with a handful of spinach and place in the skillet.  Cook for a few minutes per side until bread is golden brown.

Ok, well technically this isn't a melt because there is no cheese involved.  But if that is the only crime committed, then lock me up.  M and I are hopefully taking a cruise in the near future so I thought I would take the next couple of weeks and work on my beach bod by eating healthier than I usually do.

1 comment: