Monday, February 6, 2012

Mason Jar Salads

Mason Jar Salads


I'll admit it, I could defiantly use more veggies in my life.  But a good salad takes a lot of prep.  Enter mason jar salads!  Assemble a few salads and they keep in the fridge for up to four days.  Put the dressing in the bottom, add veggies, and greens on top.  As long as the greens don't touch the dressing, they will stay fresh.  This is a great way to use up leftovers!  Perfect to bring with you for lunch, and ready to go when you go to the fridge hungry and don't want to make anything.  Enjoy!



For these mason jar salads I used:  Italian dressing, mozerella cheese, shredded carrots, chopped green pepper, chickpeas, and spinach.





This one was: ranch dressing, chopped green pepper, green onions, diced ham, cheddar cheese, shredded carrots and spinach.  

*I've noticed that if I use strong flavored ingredients like onion or hard boiled egg, the flavor and smell seems to intensify in the jar.  Still tastes great but you may end up sitting alone at lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment