Friday, January 21, 2011

Bruch-osaurus

Brunch-osaurus
family recipe

2-3 Hard Boiled Eggs, Chopped (How to Cook Hard Boiled Eggs)
1/2 Pound Ground Sausage
Butter (Optional)
2 Tablespoons Flour
1 Cup Milk
Salt and Pepper To Taste

Brown the sausage, breaking it up as it cooks over medium heat.  Remove the sausage with a slotted spoon.  Pour out drippings except for 2 tablespoons.  Add an additional 2 tablespoons of butter, if desired.  Whisk in the flour until smooth and bubbles start to appear.  Slowly pour in milk, while whisking and let it cook until it slowly bubbles and thickens.  Toss in the cooked sausage and hard boiled eggs.  Cook until sausage and eggs are heated through.  Season to taste.  Serve over toasted English muffins.

Brunch-osaurus rawwwwwrrrrrr!  My mom use to make this when I was growing up and when she sent me the recipe, she it needed a name.  So when I made it for brunch the other day, my creative husband suggested "brunch-osaurus", which I couldn't top.  He also said this was the best brunch that I've ever made!  Plus, I love sausage... and hard boiled eggs... and my husband :)

No comments:

Post a Comment