Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Baked Eggs

Baked Eggs
serves 1
Inspired by Pioneer Woman Cookbook

Butter
2 Eggs
Cheese
Salt and Pepper, To Taste
Everyday Seasoning Blend

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a small ramekin with butter. Add the eggs, top with cheese and seasonings. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until whites are no longer runny.


The original recipe called for the eggs to be under a broiler and cooked for about 3-5 minutes. However, my pot can't handle temps that high, so I thought slow and low would be the better route. Plus, when I did stick them under the broiler my seasonings burned before the eggs were done. This is a fun little brunch dish. Serve with whole-grain toast.


Side note: This is the seasoning blend that I use. You could call it love. I've mostly use it on eggs, but I've tried it on salads as well and it's never disappointed me. If you have access to Trader Joe's, I may be calling you up.


2 comments:

  1. I was going to tell you about that cookbook, I have it. But, it looks like you already have it. I use her blog, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all her recipes! I saw that she has a book signing in MT in the spring, and I'm seriously considering going!

    ReplyDelete