Sunday, July 25, 2010

Strawberry Brown Sugar Gratin


Strawberry Brown Sugar Gratin
adopted from smittenkitchen.com

1/2 cup sour cream
8 strawberries, quartered
2 tablespoons brown sugar

Fold strawberries together with sour cream in a small bowl. Dish into 2 ramekins. Divide the brown sugar and dust over the ramekins. Throw it under the broiler until the brown sugar starts to caramelize. Serve immediately.

When I look for recipes, I want them to be quick, easy, and not a lot of ingredients and this dessert meets all the criteria. I got to try out my new ramekins, and I got to use up some strawberries I didn't know what to do with.... win-win! I realize sour cream is not the first thing you would think of for a dessert, but it balances well with the sweetness of the fruit and the brown sugar. Try it... I know you're curious.

No comments:

Post a Comment