Friday, July 9, 2010

Crispy Rosemary Chicken and Fries with Carrots


Crispy Rosemary Chicken and FriesFrom allrecipes.com

8 chicken thighs
6 small red potatoes, quartered
½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary*
1 ½ teaspoons chopped fresh oregano*
1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
Place chicken and potatoes into a large bowl. Pour olive oil over them, and stir to coat. Scatter the chicken and potato pieces in a large baking dish, or cookie sheet with sides. Sprinkle with rosemary, oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, uncovered. Baste during the last 15 minutes for extra crispness.
*One can use 1/3 the amount of dried herbs instead of fresh

For some reason, I had “boneless, skinless chicken” in my head so when I unwrapped the chicken, which was with bone and skin, I took off the skin but left the bone. I need to start reading recipes more carefully! But, it still turned out great! My husband said it’s now one of his fav meals!




Cooked Carrots
12ish baby carrots
1 can veggie broth
1 teaspoon dried thyme
Few dashes of pepper

Put carrots, broth, thyme and pepper in a sauce pan over medium high heat stirring occasionally for about 15 minutes or until fork tender. Serve hot.

I bought carrots specifically for this recipe. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find this recipe so I winged it! Next time, I’ll add more herbs/spices after they are removed from the broth since the carrots didn’t turn out as flavorful as I had hoped. But, it was a successful cooking method!

No comments:

Post a Comment