Sunday, September 14, 2014

Chick Pea Burgers


Chick Pea Burgers
from simply whole kitchen
makes about 6 burgers

1 Can Chick Peas (Garbanzo Beans) Rinsed and Drained
1 Zucchini, Roughly Chopped
1 1/2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Cumin Powder
Salt and Pepper, To Taste
1/2 Cup Bread Crumbs
1 Egg
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil

Mix all ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until almost smooth, but a few chunks.  Preheat a saute pan over medium-high with a tablespoon olive oil.  When the oil is hot, fry the patties for 4-5 minutes per side.  Serve with your favorite burger toppings.

While I was making these, I had a flash back to the last time I made vegetarian burgers when right in the middle of making them I panicked at thought if this doesn't work out I don't have a back up for dinner!  But just like the last time, these were a hit!  M has been wanting to eat healthier and I found these on Pinterest and thought I just had to make them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment