Thursday, September 22, 2011

Zucchini, Black Bean and Rice Skillet

Zucchini, Black Bean and Rice Skillet
serves 4
adapted from readyseteat.com

1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 1/2 Cups Zucchini, Quartered Lengthwise, Sliced
1/2 Cups Diced Green Bell Pepper
1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
1 15 oz. Can Black Beans, Rinsed and Drained
1 14.5 oz. Can Fire-Roasted Diced Tomatoes, Undrained
2 Large Carrots, Grated
1 Cup Rice, Cooked
1/2 Cup Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese
Chives or Scallions, Sliced, for Garnish

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.  Add zucchini, bell pepper and chili powder cook for 5 minutes.  Add beans, tomatoes and carrots, cook till beans and tomatoes are heated through, about 5 minutes.  Add cooked rice, stir.  Sprinkle cheese on top and let melt.  Garnish and serve.

Have you heard of Pinterest?  I was obsessed with it for about a week.  I made a button board and for one whole day all I could think about was how cute buttons are and how I could use them for crafts.  And I'm not one bit crafty.  I also saw this recipe on Pinterest and decided that it was something I actually could make.  It reminded me of a Tex-Mex dish my mom use to make, except healthier.  I wish I had added a can of corn, because I love corn.  Next time I make this I will add corn.  

2 comments:

  1. yummmy! this looks delishhhhh!

    http://xoxo-carolinalove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks good, I'll have to try it, I think Zac & Arlo would love it!

    ReplyDelete