Thursday, September 8, 2011

A Few Things Checked Off My Wish List...


M and I moved into our new townhouse almost a month ago.  It's a nice change from apartment living and it's nice to be in our own place after living in a hotel and with friends and family all summer!  With our new place came a few of the things that I've been waiting to check off my wish list!

1.  Dishwasher.  CHECK!  I'm happy, my empty sink is happy, my dishes are happy.  I don't know if I can ever go back to not having a dishwasher.




2.  Garbage Disposal.  CHECK!  So far so good.  Except I may have almost clogged it when I was dumping a failed batch of solidified Hollandaise sauce.  I guess I'll have to be more careful!


3.  Herb Garden.  Still no herb garden.  This one might have to wait till our next move because  our lawn is tiny and not really our's since we're renting. 


4.  Outdoor Grill.  No grill yet.  We almost bought one a few weeks ago when they were on clearance at Target.  But, like our lawn, our outdoor living space is tiny.  Additionally we're not looking forward to storing a grill during the winter and moving it whenever our next move may be.


5.  Patio. This one is a no check.   


6.  Deep Freezer.  No check.  My husband tells me we have no outlets in our garage.  I'm not sure I believe this... but even if we did I'm not sure we'd have room for a deep freezer.  This is another item that will have to wait till we get either a) a bigger garage or b) a basement.
Also, still not toaster oven, which is alright because I barely had room for all of our kitchen essentials as it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment