Monday, February 7, 2011

Baked Apricot Chicken

Baked Apricot Chicken
makes 4 servings
from allrecipes.com

1 Pound Chicken Thighs
1/2 Cup Apricot Preserves
1/2 Cup Catalina Dressing (or Italian or French)
1/2 Packet Dry Onion Soup Mix
1 Can Pineapple Chunks

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  In a medium bowl combine preserves, dressing, and soup mix.  Place chicken in a baking dish.  Pour apricot mixture over chicken and bake uncovered for 50 minutes- 1 hour.  During the last ten minutes, add the pineapple.  Serve with brown rice with mixed veggies. 

I love apricot preserves.  I love an inexpensive cut of chicken.  I love baking chicken.  I love easy dishes with only a handful of ingredients!  Love, love, love it!  The sauce tastes like sweet and sour... only better.  Next time I may throw in some chopped green pepper and onions when it first goes in the oven.  

No comments:

Post a Comment